This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 0.82 carats • 7.26mm in length, 5.62mm in width, and 3.32mm in depth • Cut in my own fantasy hexagonal design • Untreated/unheated • Naturally occurring • Ruby/Corundum
• I'm offering a 10% off coupon if you also commission me to make a setting for it. Valid with a custom order as well. Use the code: RubysAreRed at checkout
• Detailed Gem Description: A natural and untreated ruby with a dominant orangy Red hue, a secondary slightly purplish Red hue, a medium tone & strong saturation. This is an open-tone and notably clear ruby! It will glow and sparkle in any light. This level of clarity is particularly rare.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun near the horizon, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Malawi Cutter: Sennin
• Microscopy Report: This ruby features one type of inclusion in two notable forms and one imperfection. In the first photo, you can see all three. There is what appears to be a cloudy mass, this is fine rutile silk. There are what appear to be long needles, these are also rutile, but fully formed elongated needles. Finally, there is a partially healed fracture illuminated at the top side of the gem.
In photos 2, 3 & 4, I highlight the rutile needles. The crisp nature of this inclusion is an indicator that this gem has not undergone heat treatment to enhance its color or clarity. In photos 5 & 6 I highlight the partially healed fracture, this is a very small area on the pavilion of the gem. Photos 7 & 8 are reference photos to give you a scale of how small these inclusions are. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1 & 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
This is a particularly clean ruby that has not undergone heat treatment or had any glass or polymer fillers applied to fill the fractures and improve the clarity. The color is due to chromium, it fluoresces under UV light. This is a very rare piece with exceptional clarity. It is well faceted, open tone with plenty of scintillation, and has good color. This is a piece of untouched rare Earth material. The GIA laboratory certificate shown in one of the photographs is included with this purchase. You can also view the digital version on GIA's website here.
• This gem is suitable to set in the following materials: 14kt yellow, 14kt rose, 14kt white, 18kt yellow, 18kt white, platinum & palladium. Setting level proficiency required (if purchased loose): intermediate
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project