This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 6.8carats • 14.1mm in length, 11.9mm in width, and 8.1mm in depth • Cut in my own octagonal galaxy design • Unheated/Untreated • Naturally occurring • Tourmaline
• Detailed Gem Description: A natural untreated tourmaline that has a slightly yellowish Green hue indoors and a very slightly bluish Green hue in daylight. It has a medium/medium-light tone and moderately strong saturation. It is eye-clean! This is an open-tone gem, it will glow and sparkle in all lighting!
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Democratic Republic of the Congo Cutter: Sennin
• Microscopy Report: This gem is eye clean, but under magnification, it does feature inclusions typical of the gem variety, most notably it features "trichites"! Trichites are an indicator inclusion that points to the pegmatic origin of tourmalines. They look like hairs, wispy needles or webs. Trichites are usually fluid-filled or hollow cavities depending on the gem. All photomicrographs were taken with oblique illumination.
Photos 1 & 2 are reference photos (4x), they depict where the inclusions are located relative to the gem.
Photos 3 & 4 (4 being a gif) depict the trichite cluster on the left at 10x. Photo 3 is a composite stack of 17 photos and the gif will help you visualize the depth of the inclusion cluster.
Photos 5 & 6 (6 being a gif) also depict the same trichite cluster from a different angle and at 20x.
Photo 7 depicts the trichite cluster to the left on the second reference photo (10x). I couldn't take a very sharp photo due to the location of the inclusion and the angle of the facets in that area, but for reference it's sufficient. In this cluster I observed what I interpreted as some fluid trapped in some of the cavities at higher magnifications.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing and then follow up with the details for your custom project or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• This gem is suitable to set in the following materials: 14kt yellow, 14kt rose, 18kt yellow, 18kt white, platinum & palladium. If there is a setting you are interested in that isn't priced in one of the mentioned metals send me an e-mail.