This listing is meant to be purchased together with one of my Ready to Ship Gemstones
- The GIA (Gemological Institute of America) laboratory in New York will independently issue a report on your gemstone
- The most common scenario where a lab report is requested is to verify if a sapphire or ruby is unheated. 99% of commercially available sapphires are heat treated and or heat and beryllium treated to enhance clarity and color so being certain the sapphire you purchased from me is naturally so beautiful is a treat!
The lab is not able to detect treatment for:
Tanzanite - Tanzanite is commonly heat treated in a kiln to enhance color. Most untreated tanzanite comes out of the ground with a brown hue, some comes out of the ground with brilliant hues of blue and purple or even pastel hues of purple, green and yellow. Unfortunately there is no reliable way to differentiate between natural untreated fancy tanzanite and tanzanite that was heat treated in a kiln to enhance its color.
Tourmaline - Tourmaline is generally not treated to enhance its color or clarity although some cases of heat or radiation treatment have been documented.
- The GIA laboratory also offers laser engraving service on the setting edge of the gemstone, the report number can be engraved or even a custom text. This service is extra, please contact me for pricing if this service is desired.
- CURRENT WAIT FOR A LAB REPORT: 6 weeks give or take
- This report is valid for ONE gem, if you are purchasing multiple gemstones and would like reports for each please increase the quantity to reflect your order, thank you!
- Why do I prefer GIA and not other labs like IGI? GIA is a not for profit organization and has the most universally accepted system for gem grading and analysis.
- In the example video my client had me send the gem to the laboratory prior to setting, it was a 1.6 carat Parti Sapphire from Kenya. My client wanted to verify that it was in fact untreated, which the lab was able to confirm!