This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that my student precision cut on her lapidary equipment
• 1.98carats • 8.1mm in length, 7.5mm in width & 5.6mm in depth • Cut in my own octagonal design • No signs of treatment • Naturally occurring • Spinel
• Detailed Gem Description: A natural and untreated spinel with a dominant violetish purple hue, a medium dark/dark tone, and grayish saturation. It is a deep inky toned gem, In most lighting it will appear a dominant gray color with hints of purple or violet as the facets catch the light. It has two visible inclusions without magnification.
Photos were taken in daylight exclusively. Videos were taken outdoors under an overcast sky(Actually smoky today from forest fires in Quebec) with the sun overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Myanmar My student Leah Acosta faceted this gem in her Eagle Nest, New Mexico workshop!
• Microscopy Report: This spinel has layers of silk throughout the gem, although they are not visible without high magnification and bright light. Two stress halos surround two clusters of silk, one of these is clearly visible without magnification and the other is visible at a steep angle. I didn't detect any signs of heat treatment.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing, follow up with the details for your custom project, or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• This gem is suitable to set in the following materials: 14kt yellow, 14kt rose, 18kt yellow, 18kt white, platinum & palladium. Setting level proficiency required (if purchased loose): intermediate