This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 2.29 carats • 9.2mm in length, 5.7mm in width and 5.3mm in depth • Cut in my own hexagonal fantasy design • Untreated • Naturally occurring • Corundum (sapphire)
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Montana, USA (From the El Dorado Bar) Cutter: Sennin
• Detailed Gem Description: A natural untreated corundum (sapphire) with a bluish-green hue, medium-light tone, and moderately strong saturation. A few very small inclusions can be viewed under the microscope see the microscopy report for details. This is an open-tone gem, it will glow and sparkle in any light! This sapphire is a unicorn, unheated Montana sapphires just don't come out of the ground with this level of clarity!
• Microscopy Report: This gem has two types of inclusions that can be viewed under the microscope. Photos 1 & 2 depict a fingerprint inclusion, I suspect this inclusion provided the seed for the rutile silk in photo 3. Photo 3 depicts an exceptional cluster of rutile silk, only visible at one angle but it lights up with a beautiful pattern. The crisp unaltered state of the rutile silk is an indicator inclusion that this sapphire has not undergone any heat treatment. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1 & 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
• A GIA lab report can be included with your purchase, see the GIA laboratory report listing in the "Available Gemstones" section for details
• Feel free to contact me for pricing on a custom setting or browse my customizable settings section