Purple Sapphire Fantasy Cut 7.8x6.74mm, 1.38 Carats - Umba Sapphire
This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1.38 carats
• 6.17mm in width, 7.8mm in length
• Cut in my own pear design with concave cuts on the Pavillion
• Naturally occurring
• Corundum (sapphire)
• Unique Attributes: A nice saturated purple with minute blue undertones under a blue sky. The dslr camera perceived more blue under daylight than my eye, it is still a solid purple in daylight, see the video. Multiple veils are right under the crown with one that surfaced on the table, typically for Umba material. Despite the veils this is still an exceptional stone.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Umba Valley in northeastern Tanzania
Photography: Daylight & Lightbox
Notes: The sapphire has a solid purple base with subtle blue undertones. The blue sky and fall colors reflected in the daylight photos making it appear bluer to the camera but it is a solid purple to the eye. The video is the best representation of the color, taken under daylight. Full-length videos are available on www.sennineskojewelry.com
• A free GIA lab report is included with your purchase, it takes about 2 weeks at the GIA lab though. Reach out to me directly or leave me a note at checkout if you want the lab report.
• Feel free to contact me for pricing to have it set, it's $50 off with a custom commission.