This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1.36 carats • 6.4mm in width, 7.3mm in length and 4.1mm in depth • Cut in my own free form shield design • Untreated • Naturally occurring • Corundum (sapphire)
• Unique Attributes: I was able to cut out all the noticeable inclusions and cut an eye clean gem! Some minor imperfections typical of sapphire can be viewed under magnification. This sapphire is very slightly bluish green with a medium/medium-dark tone and strong saturation. This is a gleaming gem!
• I documented the inclusions on this sapphire with my microscope camera. The defined detail of the rutile inclusions indicates this sapphire has not been heat treated to enhance its color and clarity. Heat treatment dissolves the rutile (titanium) into the surrounding sapphire destroying the detail leaving a blotched appearance. 3x micrographs of varying magnification under darkfield illumination depict this rutile cluster.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Nigeria Cutter: Sennin
• A GIA lab report can be included with your purchase, see the GIA laboratory report listing in the "Available Gemstones" section for details
• Feel free to contact me for pricing to have it set, it's $150 off with a custom commission.