This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that my student precision cut on her lapidary equipment
• 0.49carats • 5.9mm in length, 3.8mm in width, and 2.7mm in depth • Cut in my own kite design • Unheated/untreated • Naturally occurring
• Detailed Gem Description: A natural untreated sapphire with a yellow hue, a light tone & slightly grayish saturation. This gem is visibly included, see the microscopy report for details. This is an open-tone gem, it will glow and sparkle in any light.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Umba Valley in Tanzania My student Leah Acosta faceted this gem in her Eagle Nest, New Mexico workshop!
• Microscopy Report: This sapphire has multiple internal fractures. It has a cluster of rutile silk that gives it a silky translucent appearance. It also has multiple rutile needles that span the gem. The crisp in tact appearance of the rutile silk is an indicator that this sapphire has not undergone heat treatment.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing, follow up with the details for your custom project, or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• This gem is suitable to set in the following materials: 14kt yellow, 14kt rose, 14kt white, 18kt yellow, 18kt white, platinum & palladium. Setting level proficiency (if purchased loose): intermediate
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project