This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 0.51 carats
• 5.1mm in length, 4.2mm in width, and 3.2mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy octagon design
• Naturally occurring
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum (sapphire) with a dominant Purple hue, a medium/medium-light tone & Vivid saturation. Some inclusions are visible, see the microscopy report below for details. This is an open-tone sapphire, it will glow and sparkle in any light.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun near the horizon, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Umba Valley in Tanzania
• Microscopy Report:
This gem features some classic features that are typical of corundum from the Umba Valley. Most notable is the rutile silk sprinkled throughout the gem. This gem has a very distinct twinning plane going through it. There is one partially healed fracture under the crown of the gem. Finally, there is a cluster of negative crystals near one edge with one perfectly preserved apatite inclusion. Another apatite inclusion was ground out during faceting, part of it remains on the surface of the crown.
******* I would like to keep this gem in-house for a custom jewelry project. If you purchase this gem loose and don't follow up with a message for a custom setting or purchase one of my pre-priced settings I will cancel the order. Thanks for understanding! *******
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project