This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 0.76 carats
• 8.8mm in length, 3.7mm in width, and 2.3mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy shape long decagonal design
• Naturally occurring
• I recommend an east/west type ring or pendant setting for this gem to get the maximum optical appeal
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum (sapphire) with a dominant very slightly greenish Blue hue, a medium-light/light tone & slightly grayish saturation. This is an open-tone sapphire, it will glow and sparkle in any light. It is a nice bright blue in all lighting!
Photos were taken exclusively in daylight, videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun near the horizon, and additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Umba Valley in Tanzania
• Microscopy Report:
This gem is sprinkled with negative crystals resembling sugar. I'm not sure exactly what the composition is of these guest minerals but they are typical of corundum from the Umba Valley in Tanzania. The crisp, intact appearance of the crystals is an indicator that this sapphire has not undergone any heat treatment to enhance its color or clarity.
I used the Photoatlas of Inclusions volume 1& by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for reference.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing, follow up with the details for your custom project, or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project