This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1.15 carats
• 6.5mm in length, 5.3mm in width, and 4mm in depth
• Cut in my own octagonal fantasy shape
• Naturally occurring
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Kenya
My student Leah Acosta faceted this gem in her workshop in Eagle Nest, New Mexico!
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum with a dominant green hue and a secondary blue hue. It has a medium dark tone and strong saturation. Some inclusions typical of corundum from this locality are visible without magnification, see the microscopy report for details. This is an inky blue/green sapphire, while it isn't black without direct light it still has a moody deeper tone.
- You can expect a deep green/blue gem with electric flashes of each as it catches the light. In a daylight environment with the sky reflecting in it, it will open up to a brilliant green and blue sapphire. In passive lighting you are still able to see the body of the gem without direct light, this will make a stunning piece of jewelry!
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a partly cloudy sky with the sun near the horizon, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos carefully.
• Microscopy Report:
This gem has a few small stress typical of corundum from Garba Tula. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1 & 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing, follow up with the details for your custom project, or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project