This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1.15 carats • 7.9mm in length, 3.8mm in width, and 2.8mm in depth (low profile) • Cut in my own precision baguette design • Untreated • Naturally occurring • Corundum (sapphire)
• Detailed Gem Description: A natural and untreated corundum (sapphire) that has a dominant greenish-blue hue with a medium-dark tone and moderately strong saturation. A few inclusions are visible without magnification, see the microscopy report for details.
- You can expect a deep blue/green gem with electric flashes of each color as it catches the light. In a daylight environment with the sky reflecting in it, it will open up to a brilliant green and blue sapphire. In passive lighting, you are still able to see the body of the gem without direct light but it will have a moody blue/green tone. Under a direct light source like a desk lamp or overhead light, it will light up and sparkle brilliantly.
• Photomicrograph notes: This gem has inclusions typical of corundum from Garba Tula in Kenya. The most notable are crisp silk patterns throughout half of the gem (hematite/ilmenite). I suspect the presence of hematite in the silk pattern because the gem is attracted to a neodymium magnet. The crispy in-tact appearance of the rutile needles is an indicator that this sapphire has not undergone any treatment to enhance its color or clarity! A few other inclusions typical of corundum from this locality can also be observed with and without magnification.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under an overcast sky with with no direct sunlight, additional videos were taken indoors under my overhead led lights.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Kenya Cutter: Sennin
• This gem is suitable to set in the following materials: 14kt yellow, 14kt rose, 14kt white, 18kt yellow, 18kt white, platinum & palladium. Gem Setting level proficiency required (if purchased loose): beginner/intermediate