This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1.24 carats
• 6.4mm in diameter in diameter, and 4.5mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy trillion design
• Naturally occurring
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum with a dominant slightly yellowish Green hue and a secondary very slightly bluish Green hue. It has a medium tone and strong saturation. Some very slight inclusions are visible. This is an open-tone sapphire, it will glow and sparkle in any light. The color shift from green/yellow to green/blue is due to pleochroism and is more pronounced in different lighting. In most indoor lighting it will appear more yellow-green, in daylight, it will still have a yellow-green appearance but it will also have a very slight blue undertone. This is especially pronounced under a blue sky.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun near the horizon, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Kenya
• Microscopy Report:
This gem features a range of inclusions. The first and most notable is the rutile silk sprinkled through the gem (photo 1). Although invisible without a microscope the crisp nature of these inclusions is an indicator that the sapphire has not undergone heat treatment to enhance its color or clarity. The next is a subsurface healed fracture. This is the long angled dark streak in the upper left of the gem (photo 2). And finally, there was an inclusion I wasn't able to visually ID, it may be a long slender apatite crystal, although I wasn't certain. This is the elongated illuminated streak in photo 3. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1 & 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing, follow up with the details for your custom project, or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project