This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1.24 carats
• 7.7mm in length, 4.95mm in width, and 3.6mm in depth
• Cut in my own non-canonical fantasy hexagon design
• Naturally occurring
• Corundum (sapphire)
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum (sapphire) with a dominant blue hue, a very dark tone, and moderately strong saturation. Some minor inclusions are visible but are entirely masked by the dark tone. See the microscopy report for details. This is a dark-toned gem, expect a mostly blue/black opaque appearance with the occasional flash of blue or even green when it catches the light.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in a passive light, under my overhead led lights, and by a window.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Nigeria
• Microscopy Report:
This gem has two types of inclusions visible under the microscope. Photo 1 depicts rutile silk inclusions. Photo 2 shows two partially healed stress fractures. Photo 3 depicts one of the stress fractures under different lighting, it had an unusual pattern that I thought was worth highlighting. This gem has no evidence of heat treatment to enhance its color or clarity, the crisp nature of the rutile silk inclusions is the primary indicator that it hasn't been treated. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volume 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing and then follow up with the details for your custom project or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project