This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1.37 carats
• 8.13mm in length, 7.45mm in width, and 4.3mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy kite design
• Naturally occurring
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum with a dominant blue hue, a very light tone, and grayish saturation. Some inclusions are visible with magnification, see the microscopy report for details. This is a brilliant, open-toned gem, it glows and sparkles in any lighting!
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a partly cloudy sky with the sun overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos carefully.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Malawi
• Microscopy Report:
This sapphire features 3 types of inclusions. There a few very small partially healed fractures that surface on the crown or are located underneath the crown of the gem, these are depicted in photo 4. There is also a fluid-filled fracture that surfaces on the crown near the girdle, this is depicted in photo 3. The fluid-filled fracture is very slightly noticeable without magnification. This gem also has layers of rutile silk throughout, depicted in photos 1 & 2. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1 & 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
I took two 128 photo focus stacks of the rutile silk. Once is cropped with slightly different settings and looks a little sharper. The other is a 28-photo focus stack of the fluid-filled fracture. It turns out that focus stacking itself is an art :P.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project