This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1.42 carats
• 8.7mm in length, 6mm in width, and 4.1mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy hexagonal kite design
• Naturally occurring
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum with a dominant reddish Purple hue. It has a medium tone and strong saturation. It is eye clean! Some inclusions typical of corundum from this locality are visible under the microscope, see the microscopy report for details. This sapphire exhibits a distinct color change. While the camera really wasn't able to capture this, when I viewed the gem off-center it completely turned color to bluish green, then on a second look directly at the gem, it turned purple again. If you aren't looking directly at it, it has a bluish-green personality. It made me do a double-take countless times, it is such a cool feature. This is a prominent feature in daylight and under most artificial lighting and it is incredibly rare for sapphires to exhibit this much color shift. This feature is an actual color shift, it is not attributed to pleochroism.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a partly cloudy sky with the sun near the horizon, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos carefully.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Umba Valley, Tanzania
• Microscopy Report:
This gem features three types of inclusions. The first and most notable is the rutile silk sprinkled through the gem (photos 1-3). Although invisible without a microscope the crisp nature of these inclusions is an indicator that the sapphire has not been heat-treated to enhance its color or clarity. The next is fully formed rutile needles that span part of the gem, these can be viewed with a loupe (photos 4 & 5). And finally, there is a small healed fracture under the table (photo 6) that can also be viewed with a loupe. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1 & 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing and then follow up with the details for your custom project or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project