This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1.8 carats
• 8.5mm in length, 6.3mm in width, and 4.5mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy elongated decagon design
• Naturally occurring
• Corundum (sapphire)
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum (sapphire) with a dominant yellowish Orange hue, a medium/medium-light tone, and strong saturation. Some inclusions are visible without magnification, see the microscopy report for details. This is an open-tone gem, it will glow and sparkle in any light! It has a unique gradient from orange to golden yellow.
Photos were taken exclusively outside in daylight. Videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in passive light, under my overhead led lights, and by a window.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Umba Valley, Tanzania
• Microscopy Report:
This gem has inclusions typical of corundum from the Umba Valley in Tanzania. The most notable is the rutile silk that is distributed throughout the gem (in this case, rutile & ilmenite). They light up in spectacular patterns when illuminated and are responsible for the color gradient in this sapphire. The crisp intact appearance of the rutile needles is an indicator that this sapphire has not undergone any treatment to enhance its color or clarity! The second is a fluid-filled fingerprint inclusion that surfaces on the crown on two facets. Photos 1,2 & 3 depict this inclusion, in photo one you can see where it surfaces on the top and top left of the gem. In photos 2 & 3 I illuminated it with the fiber optic light. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1 & 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing and then follow up with the details for your custom project or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project