This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone
• 1 carat even
• 7.9mm in length, 6.2mm in width, and 3.8mm in depth
• Cut in a novelty octagonal design
• Naturally occurring
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum (sapphire) with a blue hue, a medium-light tone & slightly grayish saturation. Some inclusions are visible, see the microscopy report below for details. This is an open-tone sapphire, it will glow and sparkle in any light. The girdle is not polished on this gem.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun near the horizon, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Umba Valley in Tanzania
• Microscopy Report:
This gem features some classic features that are typical of corundum from the Umba Valley. Photo 1 is a reference photo. Photos 2,3 & 4 focus on an apatite inclusion. Photos 5 & 6 focus on the rutile & hematite silk that is visible under magnification with oblique illumination. Photo 7 focuses on a guest mineral inclusion cluster I was not able to visually identify. This gem exhibits no sign of heat treatment. The girdle is not polished. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1 & 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project