This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1 carat even
• 7mm in length, 5.8mm in width, and 3.8 mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy decagonal cushion design
• Naturally occurring
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum with a split green/blue hue. Its tone is in between medium and medium-dark and has strong saturation. Some typical silk is visible without magnification.
- You can expect a deep green/blue gem with electric flashes of each as it catches the light. You are still able to see the body of the gem without direct light. Indoors without natural light, it has a dominant green hue with a secondary blue hue. In daylight or indoors with natural light, it has a dominant blue hue with a secondary green hue. In most indoor lighting you can expect a borderline inky (but not black) blue/green gem with electric flashes of as it catches the light. Under direct light or in daylight the body of the gem opens up beautifully.
Photos were taken in daylight exclusively. Videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Nigeria
• Microscopy Report:
This gem features two types of inclusions. Photos 1 & 2 are reference photos. Most notable are the angular growth lines of rutile silk and rutile dust, these are depicted in photos 3,4, 5, and the last video. The crisp nature of this inclusion is an indicator that this sapphire has not undergone heat treatment to enhance its color or clarity. The second type of inclusions that can be viewed are two very small fingerprint inclusions. One is right at the culet (center point), this can be seen in photos 6 & 7. Photo 6 highlights the inclusion and in photo 7 you can see it at the center point for reference. The other one is near the girdle, this can be seen in photo 8. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1 & 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing, follow up with the details for your custom project, or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project