This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1 carat
• 6.3mm from flat to flat, 6.5mm from corner to corner, and 3.3mm in depth (low profile)
• Cut in my own square cushion design
• Naturally occurring
• Corundum (sapphire)
• Detailed Gem Description:
An eye-clean natural and untreated corundum (sapphire) with a dominant violetish-blue hue, a medium tone, and moderately strong saturation. Inclusions are present but only visible with magnification. This is an open-tone gem, it will glow and sparkle in any light!
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a partly cloudy sky with the sun peeking through the clouds overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in passive light, under my overhead led lights, and by a window.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Umba Valley, Tanzania
• Microscopy Report:
This gem has two types of inclusions visible under the microscope. Photo 1 depicts a fingerprint inclusion. Photo 2 depicts what I think is feldspar. This gem had no evidence of heat treatment to enhance its color or clarity. I used the Photoatlas of Inclusions volume 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for reference.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing and then follow up with the details for your custom project or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project