This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 1 carat exactly
• 8.8mm in length, 5mm in width and 3.5mm in depth (very low profile)
• Cut in my own hexagon design
• Naturally occurring
• Corundum (sapphire)
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum (sapphire) that has a dominant bluish-green hue and at some angles, a yellow flash is also visible. It has multiple color zones with two different tones, part of this gem has a medium tone and part of it has a dark tone. It has strong saturation. Inclusions are visible without magnification,
A microscopy report with multiple photographs of this specific gem under magnification is included for reference. This is a mixed-tone gem, part of it will glow and sparkle in ay lighting, the darker-toned area will appear opaque in low lighting.
Microscopy Report: This gem features multiple types of inclusions that are very typical of corundum from Garba Tula. Most notable is the ilmenite silk that is spread out halfway through the gem. This silk may contain trace amounts of hematite which is typical but this specific specimen didn't have enough as it was not attracted to a neodymium magnet. Other notable inclusions are partially healed fluid-filled fingerprint inclusions and partially healed stress fractures. One of the fingerprint inclusions surfaces near the crown and is noticeable without magnification. The crisp nature of the silk inclusions is an indicator that this gem has not undergone heat treatment to enhance its color or clarity. I used the Photoatlas of Inclusions volume 1 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for reference.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under an overcast sky with no direct sunlight present, additional videos were taken indoors under my overhead led lights.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Garba Tula, Kenya
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing and then follow up with the details for your custom project or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project