This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 2 carats
• 7.9mm from corner to corner, 7.2mm from flat to flat, and 5.6mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy square octagon design
• Naturally occurring
• Zoisite var. Tanzanite
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and unheated tanzanite that has a dominant blue hue and a secondary violet hue and in some lighting even a greenish tint. It has a medium light tone and slightly grayish saturation. Inclusions are visible without magnification, see the microscopy report for details. This is an open-tone gem, it will glow and sparkle in even the lowest lighting!
- You can expect a dominant light blue tanzanite that will turn a solid purple as you tilt and rotate it. Both colors are visible in all lighting depending on the angle. This is clearly displayed in the indoor video, you can see the shift from blue to purple as I rotate it. This color change is due to pleochroism.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a partly cloudy sky with the sun near the horizon, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Arusha, Tanzania
• Microscopy Report:
This tanzanite has a negative crystal cluster that spans most of the pavilion. Although not particularly visible in brighter lights, these can be seen without any magnification.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing and then follow up with the details for your custom project or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project.