This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 3.3 carats
• 11mm in length, 7.8mm in width, and 5.9mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy octagonal kite design, one end of the kite is more elongated than the other.
• Naturally occurring
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum with a dominant blue hue and a secondary green hue. It has a very dark tone and strong saturation. It is eye clean! Some inclusions typical of corundum from this locality are visible under the microscope, see the microscopy report for details. This is deep inky blue/green sapphire, without direct light it will appear an opaque blue/black. Under sunlight or bright artificial light, it opens up to a brilliant sparkly blue/green sapphire. In sunlight and daylight it is a dominant blue, under artificial light it is a split between green and blue. In most indoor lighting situations expect a mostly opaque sapphire with the occasional electric blue or green flashes visible as it catches the light.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun near the horizon, additional videos were taken indoors in a passive light, under my overhead led lights, and by a window.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Kenya
• Microscopy Report:
This gem features multiple types of inclusions that are typical of corundum from Garba Tula, Kenya. Photo 1 depicts multiple elongated rutile needles. Photos 2 & 3 depict rutile silk inclusions, although invisible without magnification. The crisp nature of the rutile needles and the rutile silk are indicators that this sapphire has not undergone any treatment to enhance its color or clarity. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1 & 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing and then follow up with the details for your custom project or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project