This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that my student precision cut on their lapidary equipment
• 3.4carats • 9.3mm from point to point, 8.1mm from flat to flat, and 6.1mm in depth • Cut in my own hexagonal brilliant design • Untreated • Naturally occurring • Garnet, Almandine
• Detailed Gem Description: A natural garnet with a red hue, a dark tone, and strong saturation. Eye clean! This is a brilliant, deeply saturated garnet!
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos carefully.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Mozambique Cutter: Indigo
My student, Indigo Acosta faceted this gem in his workshop in Eagle Nest, New Mexico!
• Microscopy Report: This gem has some rutile needles and sugar-looking negative crystals that are typical of almandine garnet from Mozambique. They are only visible under a microscope with high-intensity light. See the microscope photos for reference.
• This gem is suitable to set in the following materials: 14kt yellow, 14kt rose, 18kt yellow, 18kt white, platinum & palladium. Setting level proficiency required (if purchased loose): intermediate/advanced
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project