This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 3.89 carats
• 11.2mm in length, 10mm in width, and 6.3mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy octagonal kite design
• Naturally occurring
• Zoisite var. Tanzanite
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural tanzanite that has a dominant purple hue and a secondary violet hue. It has a medium tone and strong saturation. Some inclusions are visible without magnification, see the microscopy report for details. This is an open-tone gem, it will glow and sparkle in even the lowest lighting!
- You can expect a dominant purple tanzanite that will turn a blue and even light gray as you tilt and rotate it. The color change is primarily visible when you tilt the gem and depends on the angle. A blue sky reflecting in the gem will give it a more violet appearance. This color change is due to pleochroism.
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a partly cloudy sky with the sun near the horizon, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Arusha, Tanzania
• Microscopy Report:
This tanzanite has two small partially and fully healed fracture areas underneath the table, one surfaces ever so slightly near the top of the gem (the narrower end), and the second is subsurface only. These can be seen without magnification
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing and then follow up with the details for your custom project or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project.