This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 4.25 carats • 13.9mm in length, 10.8mm in width, and 6.9mm in depth • Cut in my own fantasy hexagonal kite design • Untreated/unheated • Naturally occurring • Feldspar/Sunstone
• Detailed Gem Description: A natural and untreated feldspar (sunstone) with a dominant reddish Orange hue, a medium/medium-light tone & moderately strong saturation. This gem displays some classic schiller inclusions, see the microscopy report below for details. This is an open-tone sunstone, it will glow and sparkle in any light. It is especially fiery in daylight and direct sunlight
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
**Please note, I will only set this gem in14kt rose gold or 18kt yellow gold as my other alloys may require too much force to safely set this gem.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Oregon, USA Cutter: Sennin
• Microscopy Report: This gem features Schiller - which are copper platelet inclusions. This is a very classic inclusion found in Oregon Sunstone. I included two 4k videos illustrating some of the larger more defined platelets. Oregon sunstone isn't typically treated to enhance its clarity or color. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volume 2 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing, follow up with the details for your custom project, or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• This gem is suitable to set in the following materials: 14kt yellow, 14kt rose, 18kt yellow, 18kt white, platinum & palladium. Gem Setting level proficiency required (if purchased loose): advanced/expert
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project