This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that my student precision cut on their lapidary equipment
• 4carats • 13.3mm in length, 9.2mm in length, and 6.2mm in depth • Cut in a novelty kite design • Naturally occurring topaz/treated with radiation • Topaz
• Detailed Gem Description: A natural topaz that was treated with radiation to enhance its color. The effect of the treatment is inert. All Swiss blue topaz, Electric Blue Topaz, London Blue topaz and the vast majority of Sky Blue Topaz is irradiated and heat treated to enhance their color. Usually, clear or brownish topaz is treated with varying levels of radiation to achieve different shades of blue. This is an open-tone gem, it will glow and sparkle in any lighting! It is loupe clean!
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos carefully.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Brazil Cutter: Indigo
My student, Indigo Acosta faceted this gem in his workshop in Eagle Nest, New Mexico!
• Microscopy Repor: No inclusions or imperfections worth noting!
• This gem is suitable to set in the following materials: 14kt yellow, 14kt rose, 14kt white, 18kt yellow, 18kt white, platinum & palladium. Setting level proficiency required (if purchased loose): beginner/intermediate
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project