This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 5.4 carats
• 12.7mm in length, 7.5mm in width, and 7.1mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy hexagon design
• Naturally occurring
• Garnet - Alamandine/Pyrope Mix (Rhodolite)
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated garnet with a dominant reddish Purple hue. It has a tone that is in between medium and medium/dark and it has strong saturation. It is eye clean! Some inclusions that are very typical of rhodolite garnet can be viewed under a microscope. See the microscopy report for details. This is a vivid garnet, it will sparkle and glow in any lighting!
Photos and videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun overhead, additional videos were taken indoors in a passive light, under my overhead led lights, and by a window.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Tanzania
• Microscopy Report:
This gem features microscopic rutile inclusions, this is a very typical inclusion found in garnet from Tanzania. All 3 photos depict the rutile from different angles and different lighting. Garnet is not typically treated to enhance color or clarity, I found no evidence of treatment while examining it under the microscope. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1&2 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing and then follow up with the details for your custom project or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project