This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• 6.52 carats
• 10.9mm in length, 9.1mm in width, and 8.1mm in depth
• Cut in my own fantasy do-decagonal design
• Naturally occurring
• Detailed Gem Description:
A natural and untreated corundum (sapphire) with a dominant violetish blue hue and bluish Green hue when tilted. It has a medium tone and very slightly grayish saturation. Indoors in passive lighting, it has a dominant light purple hue in warmer tone lighting. In direct sunlight, it has a dominant blue/violet appearance. This is an open-tone sapphire, it will glow and sparkle in any light! Inclusions and imperfections are visible but don't dominate the appearance of the gem.
Photos were taken exclusively in daylight, videos were taken outdoors under a blue sky with the sun overhead, and additional videos were taken indoors in passive lighting, under my overhead led lights, and by a window. Please review all the videos thoroughly.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Umba Valley in Tanzania
• Microscopy Report:
This sapphire features multiple types of inclusions. The most notable are the rose channels that span the gem, they are the white parallel lines in the reference photos. Next is the rutile silk that is sprinkled throughout the gem. Although invisible to the unaided eye I was able to bring it to life with oblique illumination. They look like little star clusters in the gem, the 4k video really brings it to life. Finally, for fun, I photographed what looks like a unicorn horn! This is actually a fully healed internal fracture. There are also 2 small partially healed fractures on the edge of the gem. I used the Photo Atlas of Inclusions volumes 1 & 3 by EJ Gübelin and JI Koivula for visual reference.
*** I am offering a bundle discount if you commission me to make a setting for it as well. Use the code DREAMYSAPPHIRE at checkout, valid with custom orders as well***
• If you would like this gem for a custom jewelry project, you can reserve it directly from this listing, follow up with the details for your custom project, or purchase it bundled with a pre-priced setting.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is ready to ship loose or available for a project