7.4 Carat Fantasy Cut Color Changing Blue/Purple Umba Sapphire, 11.1x10mm
This listing is for the depicted loose gemstone that I personally precision cut on my lapidary equipment
• Massive at 7.4 carats
• 11.1x10mm and 8.3mm in depth
• Cut in my own dodecagonal Fantasy design with a compass cut crown
• Naturally occurring
• Corundum (sapphire)
• Unique attributes: Extremely rare size and clarity. This stone has some visible inclusions but it does not detract from the appearance. NO HEAT! A color shift to a medium purple/lavender is observed under warm tone spectrum lighting. Also distinct pleochroism from a dark to a light hue is observed on the tilt. Excellent clarity for material from this locality. A few photomicrographs of the most notable inclusions are included for reference.
Gemological Description: A natural untreated corundum (sapphire) with a dominant bluish violet hue, a medium tone and strong saturation. This gem has a secondary bluish green hue visible on the tilt and has a notable color shift to a violetish purple hue indoors under warmer spectrum lighting.
This gem has some really beautiful inclusions that are typical of corundum from the Umba Valley in Tanzania. Most notable are the fully formed rose channels that span the full length of the gem and the rutile silk that lights up beautifully under a direct light. The crisp nature of the rutile is an indicator that the sapphire has not been treated to enhance its color or clarity. Multiple fluid filled inclusions can also be observed off to the edge. This is a beautiful corundum specimen with a unique geologic fingerprint.
Gemstone Rough Country of Origin: Umba Valley, Tanzania
Photos and videos were taken in daylight under a blue sky, direct sunlight, under my led desk lamp and under the overhead led lights in my office.
• A GIA lab report can be ordered for your purchase, see the "GIA laboratory report listing" for details
• For pricing on a setting view my "customizable settings" section or reach out to me with your request
• The gem is READY TO SHIP the next business day